Monday, July 21, 2008

Just an off day

It started when I got a headache out of nowhere yesterday afternoon. I went to bed and was in and out of sleep with the same headache. And of course when I woke up for good, I still had a headache. I debated about not going to work today. But I went. I figured I'd drink a cup of coffee and hope for the best. I felt better as the day went on but I didn't eat much. A headache can kill a healthy appetite.

Anyway, I made it through the day but I ended up staying way longer than I wanted to. I get off at 5pm. I clocked out at 6:15pm. Yep, a customer kept me on the phone for over an hour and a half. Nice lady but she was a BIG talker. She jacked up the rest of my day. I stopped for Chinese take out because I was NOT cooking. But before I could eat, I had to get my run in. It's bad enough that yesterday was all jacked up because I went out to dinner with friends after work. So I had no time for strength and yoga. And I had every intention of making it up today. But after how my day started and ended, it just wasn't happening. I did not do one squat, lunge, push up or anything else. Week 4 will just have to wait.

Okay, so I got home after 7pm. I seriously considered just postponing the run but I really hate to be off schedule. I'm already off schedule and I'm not in the mood to make anything up. Anyway, I gulped down a cup of chocolate soymilk and headed out. I started out too fast. I did an out and back route, and the back part is mostly uphill. Halfway through, I wanted to stop. The only thing that kept me going is knowing that I'd have to walk 1.75mi home and I'd get home much quicker (for dinner) if I just ran. Oh, and I forgot to mention that I got a major stomach cramp heading into mile 2. I guess I shouldn't have had the soymilk. But I was starving. I needed something.

My splits are all tore up but I'm not that mad about it. I had a restless sleep, I got rid of yesterday's headache 24hrs after it started, and I didn't eat much prior to running. Oh, and let's not forget that it's HOT. It was after 7pm and still 89° out. And it did not help that once the run was over, I felt like I could spontaneously combust. I get SO MUCH hotter the moment I stop running. I guess running creates a breeze. And when I stop I feel like my temperature shoots up. I'm sure it does.

Anyway, I just finished eating not too long ago and I'm developing yet another headache. So I'm going to wrap this up. Night all.

Coffee w/soymilk and raw sugar
Peanut butter crackers

Clif Builders Bar (mint chocolate)

Chocolate soymilk
Broccoli and fried tofu w/garlic sauce and brown rice

Route:3.5 Out and BackElev. Avg:0 ft
Location:Willingboro, NJElev. Gain:+0 ft
Date:07/21/08Up/Downhill: [+0/-0]
Time:07:20 PMDifficulty:0 / 5.0


89 F temp; 42% humidity

91 F heat index; winds W 6

Distance: 3.50 miles

Speed:6.2 mph

Pace:9' 38 /miHeart Rate:180 bpm (Avg)
198 bpm (Peak)
Cool Down = .18mi
Pace (min/mile)
Heart Rate (bpm)
Heart Rate Zones
In Zone
In Zone
193 - 1110h 00m0% 0.02 mi
2111 - 1300h 00m2% 0.06 mi
3130 - 1480h 01m3% 0.11 mi
4148 - 1670h 02m7% 0.26 mi
5167 - 1850h 12m35% 1.26 mi
(none)out of range0h 18m54% 1.89 mi
MilePace (min/mile)Speed (mph)Heart
actual+/- avgactual+/- avg
19' 54+0' 166.1-0.2159-- ft
29' 21-0' 176.4+0.2184-- ft
39' 42+0' 046.2-0.0192-- ft
end9' 26-0' 126.4+0.1194-- ft
Versus average of 9' 38 min/mile

Posted from


tfh said...

Yuck, hope the head's better today. Way to go fitting in and completing the run despite all the circumstances conspiring against you.

Jess said...

Sorry to hear about everything that threw off your run! Hope the head feels better today.