Monday, August 20, 2007

Week 6 Day 1

So Wai Lana Yoga comes on at 5:30am. I woke up 10min before. It usually takes a bit for me to wake up. First, I decided I was going to turn over and catch some more Zzz. I didn't sleep well. Thanks to the massive amounts of water I drank last night, I had to get up anyway. And by then I was up up and ready to go. I ended up doing only a few minutes worth of yoga. Girlfriend was standing on her head one too many times. So yeah, there were some things I could not do. But I hear she does different stuff everyday, so I'll have to check her out again tomorrow.

Later, I hit the outdoor track for what should have been an easy jog. It consisted of a 5min jog, 3min walk, 8min jog, 3min walk, then a final 5min jog. That's nothing I haven't done before, but I wasn't feeling it today. Maybe it has something to do with the weather. It's supposed to rain all day..all week actually. It was drizzling while I was out there, but if you're in it long enough you will be soaked. And I was. After jogging in the park on Saturday, it's hard going back to the track. It seems so much longer. Running the same loop numerous times is boring. At least at the park, I had somewhere to be. I needed to jog back to the car. And that's what I did.

Well, I stayed on the track longer than I would have liked. There was an interested man that I had NO interest in. I said "Good morning" as I passed him. That is the courteous thing to do in the morning, right? Well, he took it as an invite. I think I heard him saying something about waiting for me as I jogged away. And that he did. He sat in his car and waited. Ugh. So I stayed on the track, after the 5min cool down, switched to another music selection and went around the track a couple more times, only jogging for a bit. He was still sitting there. Then I decided I was going to suck it up and just be rude. I can't say that I enjoy being rude, but I do it so well. I started heading towards my car, and he was gone. Thank goodness. Wednesday I'm taking myself to the Y.

Music: Robert's Week 6 Podcast and DJ Lil Dave's ElectricSoul

Yoga for a few minutes
Walk/Jog: Maybe 45min (Did a lil bit extra to avoid the stalker. I wasn't counting. But the podcast was 36min.)

Pre-run: Water and a few sips of pineapple juice

Breakfast: Christie's Cinnamon Soy Latte

Lunch: Tofu Rancheros w/plantains again

Snack: Dark Chocolate Covered Almonds (I think these are making me sick)

Dinner: Mixed greens salad w/dijon mustard vinaigrette and more black bean chili leftovers


Veg*Triathlete said...

Ewww -- that guy actually sounds kind of creepy! I can't believe he was waiting... I hope you carry a cell phone with you when you're at the track. It's not full protection, but if you get a creepy vibe from him again, I'd call for back up.

Christie Love said...

I usually keep my cell in the car. This time I forgot it and left it at home all together. I went to the track later than usual so I've never seen the guy before. He actually came after me and left before me. I'm just glad he left when he did. He ended up parking next to my car. I wouldn't want him to know what I was driving. Like I said, next time I'm going to the Y.

Veg*Triathlete said...

Sounds likea good plan! By the way, I love this line: "Girlfriend was standing on her head one too many times." I cracked up. When I actually get myself to yoga class, I spend a good portion of it looking at people from my *modified* poses and just wonder, HOW DO THEY DO THAT? It's pretty amazing. Someday I'm gonna get that good...